Excellence Across the Board
The NEARI School is a fully accredited institution dedicated to best practices in both education and treatment. We offer students from 7 to 22 an opportunity to succeed by promoting relationship, mastery, self-advocacy and self-empowerment skills while nourishing individual strengths.List of Accreditations
- NEARI has received full approval from the DESE (Documents available on the DESE website).
The Massachusetts Association of Approved Private Schools (maaps) Membership
- NEARI is both a member and serves on the Board of Directors of the maaps.
Leadership Degrees and Licenses
- Executive Director: Holds a Doctoral Degree (Ed.D.) in Counseling Psychology and is licensed as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Associate Director/Head of the Brain-Based Team: Holds a Doctoral Degree in Education, a Master’s Degree in History, and a Master’s Degree in Social Work (M.S.W.)
- Educational Administrator: Holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education and is certified as a Special Education Administrator
- Elementary School Program Coordinator: Holds a Master’s Degree in Education and is licensed both as a Regular Education Teacher and a School Administrator
- Teachers: NEARI teachers are Masters Level Special Education Teachers, Licensed Regular Education Teachers working towards a Master’s Degree, and Teachers working towards a Master’s Level Special Education Teaching Certificate as approved by DESE
- Therapists: NEARI’s therapists are Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSW)
- Consulting Psychologist: Holds a Ph.D. and is licensed as a Forensic Psychologist
- Consulting Psychiatrist: Holds an M.D. Degree and is licensed as a child psychiatrist
- Nurse: Holds an R. N. Degree